Top 10 Freelancing Platforms to sell your services as a Designer
Freelancing means the art of selling your skills independently. If you are a freelancer then you should read this guide for sure.
When a person starts his freelancing career, he only gets stuck with some famous platforms such as Fiverr, Upwork, etc. The competition is much high on these platforms and you need to work hard to get your first job. I am not discouraging anyone but this is reality.
So what should you do then..?
To expand your services it is recommended to try other freelancing platforms as well. Let’s take a look at them.
1. People Per Hour
People Per Hour is a great freelancing platform that offers different service providers to sell their services independently.
People Per Hour is a UK based company that was started back in 2007. If you are a graphics designer then this platform has a lot more for you.
Freelancers can set packages here that save buyer’s time and expand the project scope. So, what skills do you need to sell your services as a graphic designer here?
- You need to be familiar with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- There is a dedicated project stream that establishes communication between the freelancer and employee.
Guru is a famous freelancing platform that has almost 3 million freelancers around the planet to sell & buy their services such as graphics designing, website development, writing, and much more.
Guru is not limited to freelancers in designing space. You can hire a freelancer here as well.
- Guru accompanies a comprehensive screening process for the verification purpose of every freelancer before they get featured on the platform.
- Guru provides its consumers with a dedicated WorkRoom that allows them to communicate and collaborate regarding the freelancing jobs.
- This platform is quite affordable as there are no membership fees or any other hidden charges.
Toptal is considered to be one of the best and secure freelancing platforms. This is because they are highly selective with whom they permit on their platform. Toptal is committed to different companies that hire the top 3% of global freelancers. You can be one of them if you have enough skills.
- The Toptal team does all the work by itself, if you are a buyer then you don’t need to waste your time while searching for freelancers.
- The Toptal freelancers are well-versed with multiple tools such as the project management software and Google Apps as well — making it easy for them to get adjusted within preferred workspaces.
- The website consists of a strict screening procedure — featuring only the top 3% of freelancers on their platform.
99designs is a platform that is specifically made for graphics designers. This platform features freelancers for over 90 various types of design services such as designing a business card, managing logo design, helping with e-commerce website design, and much more.
- 99designs permits you to conduct a contest as well where you can select the best freelancer according to their proposals.
- The freelancers on 99designs are checked thoroughly and the platform ensures you that you are dealing with the best.
- There is a time span of 24–48 hours to check all complaints and disputes.
Freelancer.com is a powerful freelancing website that helps you to get your ideal employer for several designing jobs. This platform was founded in 2009.
As a buyer, you are allowed to hire a part-time or full-time designer.
- Freelancer.com provides a comprehensively designed portfolio for every freelancer — allowing the buyers to screen candidates carefully.
- The platform also conducts several certification exams/tests to verify the skill set of every freelancer.
- If you are facing any issue here then the 24/7 active support will help you for sure.
- The streamlined dispute resolution system is helpful to prevent any conflict with buyers or sellers.
Dribbble is a platform similar to Behance. The talented graphics designers here are allowed to share their work with latent customers. Dribbble allows you to browse through a freelancer’s design portfolio so that you can reach them out for a specific project if in case you get inspired by their work.
- Dribbble is highly selective for those who they allow in as freelancer membership, mainly on invitee basis.
- Dribbble provides a built-in communication channel that allows you to communicate with sellers and buyers.
- Here you don’t need to waste your time finding a freelancer. Just submit your project details and dribble will do the rest of the work.
DesignHill is a popular graphics designing platform that helps you to find potential sellers — and talented graphic designers for your projects.
- DesignHill allows you to accompany design contests where freelancers respond with their proposals and you can hire one whom you like the most.
- DesignHill also has a built-in graphics designer team, in this way you will get talented designers for your project in no time.
At iFreelance you will find several sorts of freelancers such as editors, coders, designers, and writers as well. This is a recently established freelance market where you can expand your services in front of buyers from all across the globe.
- iFreelance does not charge any extra fee tor charges, the freelancers here are allowed to keep the 100% of their earnings.
FlexJobs is a freelancing hub where part-time workers provide their services in various career fields. As a designer, you will find different opportunities to grow here.
- The freelancing jobs posted on this platform are screened strictly so that freelancers can develop trust in buyers, and apply confidently on the proposals without having the fear of being scammed.
- To polish your skills, you can also participate in skill tests.
- Freelancers here, get access to helping materials such as webinars so that they can learn how to get latent clients?
CrowdSource ranks among the largest freelance platforms available. This platform is specifically built for content creation, graphics design, editing, and much more.
- Here you can handle larger orders by breaking them into smaller tasks, that are manageable of course.
- The freelancers who work here are properly verified.
- If you have a good skill set then you will be assigned to different tasks.
These were the top 10 freelancing platforms excluding Fiverr and Upwork. I hope that you will enjoy this article and set up a new journey towards freelancing by utilizing these platforms.